Joining is easy! Please read all of the information on this page. Some of this information is NEW for 2017! Instructions on how to join are at the bottom of the page.
Benefits of Live Love Velo Membership
- Join an inclusive network of women cyclists who support one another in fitness, health and fun. LLV supports all women riders: Newbies to racers.
- Make new friends! Enjoy the camaraderie of like-minded women.
- Benefit from the experience of women who are accomplished cyclists.
- Increase your cycling knowledge and skills, fitness and health.
What we ask of Live Love Velo Members
- Live Love Velo members are regarded as ambassadors for women’s cycling, and cycling in general. As a member of Live Love Velo (LLV), you are called upon to represent the organization in a positive light and support LLV in our mission to empower women to discover their fullest potential, improve health and fitness and find connection through cycling. Your behavior is a reflection on our organization and our sponsors. Be kind and gracious to your fellow members, other athletes and the larger community.
- Pay yearly dues ($40).
- Please show your LLV spirit by wearing your LLV jersey for designated club team rides and any events in which the team is participating together.
- Term of membership is from January 1 to December 31, 2017.
- Please encourage support for our sponsors among friends, family and in the community.
Be a part of Live Love Velo!
- Live Love Velo is a co-operative organization. Your contribution to the team will help LLV to thrive. You will get back what you put in, and more! Please don’t fret if you can’t make time to contribute. It’s encouraged, but not at all required. Can you…
- Teach a clinic on something bike related: How to change a flat tire, nutrition for riding, yoga, etc.
- Host a gathering to discuss a book that relates to cycling or training.
- Host a kick-off, end of year or holiday party for Live Love Velo.
- Organize or participate in a trail maintenance outing for LLV.
- Set up a table at an event to do outreach on behalf of LLV.
- Volunteer on behalf of LLV for a cycling related community organization, such as Trips for Kids.
- Write a blog post that we can post on the LLV website.
- Volunteer to do some of the behind the scenes work: Website updates, facebook posting, checking in with sponsors by phone or email.
- Lead a Ride: Road or Mountain. Long or short. Epic or to the donut shop.
- Represent LLV in a cycling race.
- Thanks to our generous sponsors, LLV is able to offer incentives to members who contribute their time and talents. LLV will give you $250 for every 5 contributions that you make, to a maximum of $500. To be eligible for this, you must:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us what you will do.
- MAKE THE SUBJECT OF THE EMAIL “RECORD KEEPING”
- FOR CONTRIBUTIONS (except races) that have a calendar date (rides, clinics, parties…)
- YOU MUST NOTIFY US AT LEAST 2 WEEKS AHEAD OF TIME to guarantee that it will count toward your contributions.
- FOR RACES to count as a contribution
- NOTIFY US AT LEAST ONE DAY IN ADVANCE
- You must list EECT/LiveLoveVelo as your affiliate team when registering for a race and wear LLV kit while racing
- Post a brief report (2 or more sentences) within 2 days of the event, to our private Facebook group, or via email if you prefer.
This is cool!
- Live Love Velo is a Specialized Ambassador Team. Members of Live Love Velo are eligible for Specialized Ambassador Team pricing on select Specialized merchandise at our sponsor shops: Kreb Cycle in Bellport and Carl Hart in Middle Island.
- Specialized selects local teams to participate in their Ambassador Team Program based on an alignment of their goals and ours.
- Specialized partners with Live Love Velo because we achieve great results on the bike and are role models to other riders and the public.
- We share a vision of bicycling as a key to healthier and more sustainable communities.
- Live Love Velo gives back. Be a part of serving the Long Island community!
- Each year we designate a cause or project as a service to our larger community.
How to Join Live Love Velo
- CLICK HERE and complete the application and payment.
- In addition to signing the on-line waiver during the registration process, please print and sign the attachment (you’ll see it when you sign online), then scan and email it back to us. We need to have your signature for insurance purposes. Thanks!
- Your membership is active once your dues are paid and we receive your waiver.
- Remember to request an invite to our members-only Facebook group.
- Questions? Email us at email@example.com.